The Kobrin Family Scholarship was established in 1990 to be awarded to a qualified, full-time, graduating high school student from the Jewish communities of Orange, Osceola, or Seminole County who will be attending the University of Central Florida (UCF). The scholarship is available in the amount of $2,500 per year for a maximum of four (4) years. Scholarship recipients must maintain a 3.1 GPA (based on a 4.0 scale) each year while at UCF in order to remain qualified for the scholarship.
- Student must be accepted at and planning to attend UCF as a full-time student
- Financial need as demonstrated by the Student Aid Report (SAR) from the FAFSA
- Graduated from any high school in Orange, Osceola, or Seminole County
- High school GPA of at least 3.1 based on a 4.0 scale
- Minimum SAT test score of 1210 (Reading + Math) or ACT composite score of 25
- Jewish & other community involvement during high school
The Kobrin Family Scholarship is now taking applications for Fall 2024.
Application Deadline is:
30 April 2024
Please read the eligibility criteria and apply below. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Before you start, please be prepared with the following:
- Student Aid Report (SAR) from your FAFSA
- Official high school transcript reflecting your first semester grades from the 12th grade year, including both district (weighted) and state (unweighted) GPAs
- SAT and/or ACT scores from the student portal
- Two letters of recommendation. One from a:
- school-related person
- on-school related person
- Personal statement (maximum five hundred words, typed)
Please note the following guidelines:
- All documents must be in PDF format
- Letters of recommendation should be on school letterhead or with the writer’s contact information including phone and email
- All letters should be signed
- No screenshots or pictures of documents will be accepted, regardless of format
Thank you for your interest.
The next round of the Kobrin Family Scholarship applications will open on
10 January 2024
If you want to receive an email reminder, please register here.