Jewish Family Services of Greater Orlando (JFS Orlando) provides services that stabilize individuals and families in crisis and enhances the quality of life across generations to all members of the Central Florida community.
JFS Orlando was founded in 1978 as a human services organization based on the principles of community building, kindness, compassion, and concern for the betterment of our world. Our efforts are able to reach thousands of people each year thanks to vital community partners and their financial and in kind contributions, program development, and program delivery, as well as dedicated volunteers and their time and service.
We embrace four principles of the Jewish faith, which guide us in our mission and vision:
- Tikkun Olam – The obligation to make the world a better place.
- B’Tselem Elohim – Every human being is created in the image of G-d.
- Tzedakah – An obligation to act justly toward people in need; social justice.
- Pikuach Nefesh – A person who saves one life is as if the entire world was saved.
A happier, healthier community where, with support, structure, and guidance, members can overcome challenges to live fuller, more meaningful lives.
We aim to move lives from crisis to stability by taking a holistic approach in assisting those in need and providing a variety of wrap-around services. Our programs cover four core areas:
- Mental and Emotional Stability
- Homelessness Prevention
- Aging/End of Life